Embed YouTube Video into WordPress Blog using Free Plugin
As a blogger, we must be aware that some readers prefer to read while others like to view videos. Therefore where possible, try to have these 2 type of mediums in the blog. That way, hopefully, we can increase & maintain existing readers to our blog site. Make our blog site more exciting too! I found a free WordPress plugin that allows you to embed YouTube videos into the blog posting. This plugin is known as Easytube and can be found at
Steps to download and configure
- You just need to download the plugin from the above site into your computer.
- Unzip the file and upload the folder to your WordPress plugin folder.
- Login to your WordPress At the Admin panel, go to Plugins->Manage Plugins and activate the Easytube plugin.
- Go to Settings and select EasyTube
- Tick on Enable Global Options .
- Select the suitable Video Dimensions & Border Style
- Click on Update Options
Steps on how to insert command into your post
- Go to YouTube and find the video you want to put on your site.
- In your WordPress New Post or Edit Post, add the following:-
Note: For best result just copy the video’s URL
Remember: Need to include in the [ ] .
See sample below
Save your posting and preview it. Now you can treat your readers to a movie at your blog for free!! You can see a completed video posting at this link
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!